What services does Evergreen Cleaners provide?
- We specialize in eco-friendly laundering and dry cleaning of pants, blouses, dresses, suits, comforters, bedspreads, blankets as well as drapes and area rugs. We use the safest and most effective methods for cleaning and preserving wedding gowns, bridesmaids’ gowns and outfits for children as well. Minor repairs, broken and missing buttons are replaced at no charge.
- Professional tailoring is available on-site.
Why should I use Evergreen Cleaners for all my dry cleaning needs?
- Evergreen Cleaners have been serving Markham’s garment care needs since 2004.
- Our service excellence is a result of proven eco-friendly cleaning, multiple inspections, superior cleaning, meticulous finishing and professional, friendly service.
- We understand your needs and care about your satisfaction.
Are you an environmentally friendly dry cleaner?
- Yes. We use GreenEarth solvents for dry cleaning made from sand that are gentle, safe, chemically inert and pose no health hazards.
Where can I find a price list?
- Please email us and we will be happy to forward a price list to you.
How do I pay for my dry cleaning services?
- We accept cash, debit, MasterCard, Visa or American Express at our store.
- Our pick-up and delivery services can be paid by Visa, MasterCard or American Express. You will be asked to provide us with your credit card information during registration. Your card will be billed before each delivery to your home or office takes place. We request you to keep us updated with changes to your credit card information to avoid payment delays.
Do you provide coupons and/or discounts?
- Evergreen Cleaners coupons can be found under the Specials page on our website. Please note that our web coupons cannot be combined with other offers.
How long does it take to have alterations done?
- Alterations are done as you wait, same day or next day.
- Complex jobs may take longer and our on-site specialist will be able to provide with an ETA during the sizing process.
How often should I dry clean my clothes?
- Soiled or stained garments should be taken to the dry cleaners as soon as possible.
- Stains left for longer periods of time are more difficult to remove.
- Light coloured garments, silks and linens should be cleaned after each wear as they tend to be more vulnerable to dirt and perspiration stains.
- It is best to dry clean garments before storing them at the end of a season.
How do I get a personalized bag for my dry cleaning and laundered shirts?
- All pick-up and delivery customers automatically receive a personalized laundry bag for their garments. An ID tag with customer name, address and phone number is provided with the bag.
- Please ask our staff for a bag during your next visit.
When can I expect my cleaning to be ready?
- We would prefer 2 to 3 business days for cleaning your garments.
- This allows us to thoroughly inspect and re-clean any garments that need extra care and also gives us time to repair and fix broken buttons and loose hems.
Do you offer quick / 2 hour / same day dry cleaning services?
- Not at this time.
Should I leave my garments in the plastic packaging after dry cleaning?
- We do not recommend storing any garments in plastic bags for an extended period of time, as it will inhibit the garments’ ability to breathe.
- We recommend that you remove the plastic when you get home from the cleaners, but leave the paper dust cover intact, as it will protect the newly cleaned garments.
Do you clean UGGS boots?
- Yes we offer cleaning services for all styles of suede UGG boots.
How long does it take to have my UGG boots cleaned?
- Approximately 2 weeks for best results. An earlier turnaround time is possible depending on the condition of your boots when they are dropped off.
What is GreenEarth Cleaning?
- GreenEarth is a green dry cleaning process that is completely safe. It has no hazardous chemicals. No perchloroethylene. No petroleum. So there’s no risk to the air, water or soil.
- GreenEarth solvents used for dry cleaning are made from sand and are gentle, safe, chemically inert and pose no health hazards and have been used safely in cookware to cosmetics to personal care products for over 40 years.
- GreenEarth® Cleaning takes better care of fabrics and the earth.
- Your garments have no dry cleaning smell and retain a fresh, soft, natural feel and last longer.
- Trims, beads, sequins are not damaged.
- Colours do not fade.
- Whites don’t yellow.
What is Wet Cleaning?
- Wet Cleaning is an environmentally friendly and safe dry cleaning process that uses water and non-toxic bio-degradable detergents to clean sensitive fabrics.
- Wet Cleaning is gentler than hand washing.
- Your garments will be soft to the touch, kind to sensitive skin.
- The process is safe for your clothing and gentle to the environment.
Can I return the hangers that come with my cleaned garments?
- Yes. We are committed to playing our part in protecting the environment. We are happy to recycle the hangers that we supply with your dry cleaning orders.
- Our store is equipped with specialized recycling racks for the hangers.
What is your service area?
- We currently pick up and drop off throughout Markham. Please call us at 905-927-1724 to set up a pick up or drop off schedule.
Do you offer office delivery?
- Yes. Your dry cleaning can be picked up and dropped off at a location of your choice.
Do you have regular pick-up and delivery schedule?
- We offer the following options depending on your requirements:
- Twice a week: You will be placed on a scheduled route for either a Monday pick up with Thursday delivery, or a Tuesday pick up with Friday delivery.
- Once a week: These are usually scheduled for Friday or Saturday. We will pick-up any new orders and deliver them the following week.
- On-call basis: We will organize a pick up or drop off as per your requirements – usually after 7:30 pm. We request you to contact us by 5 pm for same day delivery.
How do I sign up for pick-up and delivery service?
- Just call us at 905-927-1724. You will be set up within a few minutes for pick-up and delivery to your home or office.
Do you offer delivery to condominiums?
- Yes. For many buildings the concierges will gladly handle a resident’s laundry bag. Please check with your concierge to make sure they offer this service.
- Pick-up and delivery days will vary by your delivery address and can be offered twice a week, once a week, or on a call in basis.
Is there a minimum for your pick-up and delivery service?
- Our drop off service is offered free to all orders above $40 before tax.
Is it possible to request a sooner delivery?
- Yes. Just let us know.
Do I have to be there when you pick up and deliver to my location?
- No. If there is no one home at the time of our arrival we will pick up or leave your garments in a spot designated by you.
- Many customers prefer their front door, back door, porch or garage. We suggest a covered area.
What happens if the weather is bad and my clothes are being delivered and no one is home?
- Our experienced drivers will use their discretion.
- If we deliver your garments to a designated location decided upon and the area is not covered or the driver feels the garments may get blown from the wind, or wet from rain or snow, we will arrange with you on the phone for an alternative time for us to come by.
Do you offer Wedding Gown Cleaning and Preservation? What is the process?
- Yes. We use the safest and most effective method for cleaning and preserving your wedding gown.
- All gowns are carefully inspected prior to cleaning for any damage, stains, special cleaning instructions and loose or missing beads.
- After the gown has been cleaned we will contact you to come in and inspect the gown.
- Once you are satisfied with the cleaning, your gown will then be preserved in an acid free box with acid free tissue paper to protect each fold in the gown.
How long should I wait to have my wedding gown cleaned and preserved?
- The key to beautifully cleaning and preserving your gown is to begin the process as soon as possible. Stains will not have time to set and/or oxidize, which can make it much more difficult to achieve complete stain removal.
Do you provide any tips for general care of fabrics?
- Some day to day practical tips can be found here.
What are some ideas for a Green life style?
- Please click the Guide to Living Green to read interesting ideas for a Green lifestyle.